Full applications of all five Large Infrastructure Projects (LIPs) have been submitted to the European Commission by the Managing Authority of the Programme at the end of the year 2017.
Voluminous preparation process of LIPs in close cooperation of applicants, partners and Programme authorities has been completed and Joint Monitoring Committee on its 4th meeting what was held in Pskov, Russia on 19-20 December 2017 approved five full applications for submission to the European Commission.
Large Infrastructure Projects of Estonia-Russia CBC Programme are:
- Improvement of the accessibility of the remote areas in South-East Estonia and Pskov region for traditional entrepreneurship and sustainable development (SME ACCESS);
- Economically and Environmentally Sustainable Lake Peipsi area 2 (Common Peipsi 2);
- Development of the unique Narva-Ivangorod trans-border fortresses ensemble as a single cultural and tourist object. 2nd stage (Narva-Ivangorod Castles 2);
- Development of historical riverside protection area in Narva/Estonia and Ivangorod/Russia III stage (River Promenades III);
- Complex reconstruction of border crossing points in Shumilkino (the Russian Federation) and in Luhamaa (the Republic of Estonia) (BCPs Shumilkino-Luhamaa).
These cross border cooperation projects aim to preserve the cultural heritage, to develop tourism and business potential of the border region, to contribute to the protection and improvement of the transboundary Lake Peipsi and to quality of joint water assets in the Programme territory in Estonia and Russia.
Total indicative amount of Programme funds allocated to LIPs is MEUR 20,2.
Large Infrastructure Projects are strategic cross-border cooperation investment projects identified by the Programme and are contracted through the direct award procedure.