5th meeting of the Joint Programming Committee (JPC) took place on 2 June 2021 with agenda summarizing the progress of Programme preparation to date and activities to be discussed to ensure the timely submission of the Programme Document to the European Commission.
On 2 June 2021 fifth meeting of the Joint Programming Committee was held online to discuss progress of preparation process of the Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation (CBC) Programme 2021-2027.
The meeting was chaired by Mr Vsevolod Vovchenko, Head of Unit, Department of Development of integration projects and CIS countries, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
consideration the importance of ongoing process in developing of EU regulations
and Financing Agreement preparations of the Interreg NEXT Estonia-Russia CBC
Programme 2021-2027, the meeting started with the information on the latest
developments delivered by Ms Tanya Dimitrova, Programme
Desk Officer, DG REGIO, European Commission.
The key agenda points discussed and agreed during the event:
- next steps to ensure the compilation of the Programme Document, including timeline;
- proposal of the Programme’s communication strategy;
- approach to the Programme management structure in the new period;
- state of play and timeline of Large Infrastructure Projects selection process.
Participants of the meeting were also introduced to:
- the opportunity to use tailored support from Interact project for Capitalisation, as an integrated building process that gathers programme and project results, gives better understanding and usage of the capitalisation approach on programme level, creates sufficient link between capitalisation approach on programme level and communication to the project beneficiaries, etc.
- the feedback from target group meeting on Simplified Costs Options (SCOs), taking into consideration, that the draft Interreg regulation provides possibilities to apply such approach to the projects of the forthcoming programming period.
6th meeting of the Joint Programming Committee is scheduled for September 2021.