‘Sharing borders, growing closer’ is the motto of the European Cooperation Day (EC Day) for celebration of the spirit of cooperation throughout Europe and beyond its borders with three different events in Estonia and Russia organized in September 2019 by Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme.
Join us and be part of it!
Start of EC Day celebration will be given in Pskov organized in cooperation of Estonia-Russia and Latvia-Russia CBC Programmes on 7th September, 2019.
Two stations will be created in Zolotaya naberezhnaya in Pskov (Russia):
- Cooking station where national cuisine of Estonia, Russia and Latvia will be cooked. Official representatives from three countries will participate in joint cooking thus presenting cooperation of border countries.
- School of eco-friendly citizens together with environmental projects will arrange master-classes for the locals and visitors to raise awareness in ecological issues and to tell their project stories.
Also mapping relatives and friends on a big map of Europe, quiz game, making coins will be offered to the visitors.
In continuation of the started celebrations in Russia, Estonia will take initiatives to celebrate European Cooperation Day on 21 September, on official day of the campaign.
Event will take place in Tartu Observatory, Tõravere (ca`21 km from Tartu) in cooperation with Interreg Estonia-Latvia Programme under the slogan „Green Space Tour“.
With the event and our joint efforts we highlight the role of cross-border cooperation in the field of environmental protection, green space and energy saving.
Workshops, musical entertainment, tour in observatory, meeting new and old friends and partners from other countries, tasting snacks of national cuisine, and other activities will contribute to the EC Day atmosphere!
The winner of the amateur video contest “Europe is You!” will be announced and awarded during the event.
Use the opportunity to win the smart watch and submit your video clip on how Europe benefits you by 30 June 2019! More information is published HERE.
The 3rd act of EC Day celebration will take place in St. Petersburg traditionally organized in cooperation of Estonia-Russia, Latvia-Russia and South-East Finland-Russia CBC Programmes under the slogan “Water is a precious resource”.
The event will take place on 25th of September, 2019, in the premises of the Youth Environmental Centre “Vodokanal of St. Petersburg” http://www.vodokanal.spb.ru/en/shpalernaya_56/detskij_ekologicheskij_centr_dec/ .
The event welcomes schoolchildren and students of St. Petersburg and Leningrad region, representatives of Finland, Latvia and Estonia General consulates in St. Petersburg, journalists and other interested parties.
Key activities included in the programme:
- Introduction of the audience with the projects focused on ecological issues implemented by Estonia-Russia, Latvia-Russia and SE Finland-Russia CBC Programmes 2014-2020
- Group workshops on the proposals how youth can participate in saving of the nature
- Excursion through the Water Museum
Stay tuned and check our website and Facebook account for further details of European Cooperation Day 2019 celebration in the bordering regions of Estonia and Russia.
Join us and be part of it!