Improving the quality of shared water assets by reducing their pollution load (including improving wastewater treatment facilities, improving solid (household and industrial) waste management and relevant facilities, and reducing pollution that is caused by the agricultural sector
594 000 EUR
660 000 EUR
Emajoe-Pskov WMP-2 - ER29
Improving the quality of shared assets by reducing their pollution load from utility sewer systems of towns and rural areas in the programme territory (Pskov area and south Estonia)
Project “Emajoe-Pskov WMP-2” aims to reduce pollution in Peipsi lake by improvement of the quality of shared water assets. Reduction of pollution load includes improving wastewater networks and waste management.
- To sustain and ensure the proper and on-time monitoring of sewage networks in Pskov city, Russia and 12 municipalities in Estonia
- To ensure the sanitary and epidemiological welfare of population living on the program area
- Study visit and trainings for staff to exchange best practices in waste water management and learn optimal approach of using monitoring systems and servicing, renovation and repair of sewerage networks;
- Creation of electronic map of Pskov (Russia) sewage networks for monitoring the sewage system of the city, forecasting possible accidents on networks, taking measures to prevent the discharge of untreated wastewater into the Peipsi lake; purchase of canal washing machine with equipment for pumping and flushing pipelines to effectively flush sewage pipelines of various diameters;
- On Estonian side the current monitoring system of Emajõe Waterworks Ltd will be modernized in order to obtain the maximum amount of information and management of sewage systems in 12 municipalities.
Video about the canal washing machine in Russian