Increasing SME development and entrepreneurship by fostering cross-border business contacts and the development of services and products
Heritage Teaching - ER52
Improving cooperation between local authorities, schools and NGO’s in teaching and promotion of local cultural heritage to children and youngsters in historical Setomaa area
“Heritage Teaching” aims to improve cooperation between municipal authorities and communities in introducing old traditions, customs and language at the schools locating in historical Setomaa territory in order to preserve and promote local cultural and historical heritage.
- Attractive heritage teaching programme created for schools in historical Setomaa area
- Strong cooperation network created between municipalities, school and local communities
- Best heritage specialists available in project area and also external experts are involved to create and update heritage teaching programme for 2 school grades. The heritage teaching programme will be tested in 7 schools during 2019/2020 school year. The aim of the programme is increased children’s motivation to preserve local heritage culture and stronger identity;
- Partners prepare different kinds of teaching materials like local history textbook, worksheets and short grammary of seto language (electronic versions). Students prepare 10+10 video clips for heritage teaching introducing different aspects of local heritage;
- 7 schools are provided with equipment and materials, which are needed for heritage culture teaching (incl. equipment for practical handicraft, culinary, music teaching, audiovisual equipment etc);
- Partners organize many joint events for teachers and students like study tours, workshops, trainings, summer camps to establish a strong cooperation network.