79 921,69 EUR
88 801,89 EUR
ICOR - ER158
Improving cooperation in the area of orienteering
ICOR project will improve physical activity and health of people in the program area; will introduce different disciplines of orienteering to increase the popularity of orienteering.
- To improve the sustainability of orienteering sport activities in the Programme area
- To improve language skills and enhance cooperation between orienteers from both sides of the border
- Two joint training camps and two joint competitions in Estonia and Russia are planned to increase the popularity of orienteering in border area. For the first time, such camps and competitions will be held with the participation of 30 orienteering sportsmen from each partner country.
New experience for orienteers will be combining training with activities on cleaning up dumped waste in the forest.
- During joint events language learning and culture exchange through the active communication will be fostered.
- New orienteering maps will be created on the basis of the digitally scanned ground material (airborne laser scanning data, obtained from airplane).
- Additional orienteering equipment will be purchased to make competitions and trainings more interesting and challenging.