Improving the quality of shared water assets by reducing their pollution load (including improving wastewater treatment facilities, improving solid (household and industrial) waste management and relevant facilities, and reducing pollution that is caused by the agricultural sector
483 790,15 EUR
583 200 EUR
PureWater - ER54
Improving the quality of shared water assets in Est-Rus border area
Project “PureWater” aims to ensure a high quality of common water resources focusing on Lovat river and underground streams in Alutaguse area.
- To determine the most suitable and efficient technological solutions for wastewater treatment in programme area
- To increase the expertise level in management of wastewater treatment among professionals, municipality specialists and politicians
- Improvement of wastewater treatment technology in Alutaguse and Velikyie-Luki
- Improvement of wastewater treatment facilities in Velikiye Luki and Alutaguse.
A sewage sludge dewatering equipment in sewage water treatment plant will be installed in Velikiye-Luki. Planned activity have significant importance for solving the problem of water quality in natural rivers, namely the Lazavica River, which is the tributary of the Lovat river, which in turn belongs to the Baltic water bassin.
While on Estonian side a new modern wastewater treatment plant will be built in Kuremäe. With the new equipment it is possible to provide a sewage treatment service for all inhabitants of Kuremäe settlement and for a large number of tourists visiting Kuremäe monastery.
- Study on improvement of water treatment technology in Velikiye Luki;
- Elaboration of action plans for Alutaguse administration and “Vodokanal” in Velikie Luki for protection of water resources;
- Developing a manual for water companies and municipalities on improvement of water treatment technologies and corresponding policies in both countries in order to diminish the risk of pollution of water assets, including an overview of environment regulations and normative;
- Arrangement of workshops for specialists (municipalities, professionals of field, scientists) for spreading the knowledge and figuring out best practices available in the region including results from improvement of wastewater facilities in Velikiye-Luki and Alutaguse and studies carried out in the project.
Press-release about project launching in Russian
Manual for water supply companies and municipalities in Russian