On 24-25 October 2016 the 15th All-Russia Forum “Strategic Planning in the Regions and Cities of Russia: Building Alignment through Dialog” took place in St.Petersburg, Russia.
The role of the international and cross-border cooperation in strategic planning and development has become one of the focal points.
The Round Table 4.2. “Brainstorm. Russia-Estonia Interregional Relations: Growth Area” was co-chaired by Rafael Abramyan, Director of the Department for Development of Interregional and Cross-Border Cooperation, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation and Margarita Golovko, Head of the European Territorial Cooperation Unit, Ministry of Finance of Republic of Estonia. The participants of the Round Table analyzed the cross-border cooperation best practices between Russia and Estonia and discussed new approaches and perspectives of regional and cross-border development of the two countries. The Round Table discussions resulted in elaboration of the joint action plan.
Round Table 4.3. “Russia-EU Cross Border Cooperation Programmes as an Instrument in Achieving the Goals of Regional Development Strategies” was co-chaired by Rafael Abramyan, Director of the Department for Development of Interregional and Cross-Border Cooperation, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation and Igor Kapyrin, Deputy director of Department of European Cooperation, the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. The Round Table summed up the results of the Russia-EU CBC Programming period 2007-2013 by holding the ceremony of awarding the partners of the most successful cross-border cooperation projects and announced the forthcoming kickoff of the new Russia-EU CBC Programmes 2014-2020. The key speakers of the Round Table provided the audience with the comprehensive and coherent picture of outcomes and perspectives of cross-border cooperation between the Russian Federation and the European Union:
- Aleksandr Knobel, Director of the International Economy and Finances Institute, Russian Foreign Trade Academy, gave an overview of preliminary results of research “Cross-border cooperation Programmes 2007-2013: effect at national level”;
- Veronika Spiridonova, Specialist of the Committee on external relations of St. Petersburg Administration presented the brochure about the CBC projects implemented in St. Petersburg during the 2007-2013 Programming period;
- Sergey Pernikov, Vice-governor of Pskov Region highlighted the Pskov Oblast project capacity and invited to take part in the Annual Forum of Regions in May 2017 in Pskov;
- Dace Krupenko, acting Head of the Joint Technical Secretariat of the Estonia-Latvia-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme within ENPI 2007-2013, introduced the participants to the framework and launching events of the Latvia-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020;
- Unda Ozolina, Head of the Joint Technical Secretariat of the Estonia-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020, informed the audience about the state of play and future plans of the Programme.