Lead beneficiaries and beneficiaries must be located within the Programme area (they must have their legal, registered address there).
ELIGIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT AND THE PROJECT PARTNER(S)
The following bodies can act as lead beneficiaries and beneficiaries :
- National, regional and local public authorities;
- Associations that are formed by one or more national, regional or local authorities;
- Public equivalent bodies (any legal body that is governed by public or private legal requirements), which have been established for the specific purpose of meeting any needs that are in the general interest, and which do not have an industrial or commercial character, but which do have a legal personality, and are financed by national, regional, or local authorities;
- Other bodies that are governed by public legal acts, or which are subject to management supervision by those bodies, or which have an administrative, managerial or supervisory board more than half of whose members are appointed by national, regional, or local authorities, or by other bodies which are governed by public legal acts (such as, for example, municipal and national enterprises, trade unions, medical institutions, museums, etc);
- Associations that are formed by one or more bodies which are governed by public legal acts as defined under the third bullet point, above;
- NGOs and other non-profit-making bodies;
- Educational organisations (schools, preschool institutions, colleges, institutes, or universities, vocational school);
- Small or medium-sized enterprises (which hereinafter are referred to as ‘SMEs’) (only within TO 1). 
Each project shall involve at least two partners, of whom at least one beneficiary shall be
located within the Estonian side of the Programme area and at least one beneficiary shall be located within the Russian Federation side of the Programme.
Up to a limit of 20% of the EU funding may be used for financing expenditure that is
incurred by beneficiaries from adjoining areas.
Partners from adjoining regions in Latvia and Finland can participate in the Programme in case they can bring added value to the projects and foster existing trilateral cooperation schemes. The involvement of Finland and Latvia will be specified and justified at the project level.
More prices criteria is stated in the Guidelines for Project Applicants and in Joint Operational Programme of Estonia-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020.
 A micro, small or medium sized enterprise according to the Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC and
Annex I of the Commission Regulation (EU) No 651/2014.